Sorry, user registration is not yet available!

Morundah Station

Main facility: Station (Closed)
Lines: Tocumwal Branch
Location: (146.3076°, -34.9338°) [exact] GDA94
Distance: 613.830 km from Sydney
16-Sep-1884 Opened as Colombo
1-Oct-1889 Renamed Morundah
17-Nov-1975 Closed
Photos: 1975, 2006
Description: Opening in 1888 as Colombo Creek, this was quite a significant location. The station on the down side sat on a 90m platform. At the down end was a 20,000 gallon water tank. Behind the station was the station master's house, and 100m down the line was the gate house for the level crossing. On the up side was a loop siding and a goods siding, the latter serving a goods platform and shed.
Current status: No trace remains of the platform. A goods bank and silos still remain, as do 2 sidings.

1970 - 1980

photograph thumbnail  

2000 - 2010

photograph thumbnail   photograph thumbnail   photograph thumbnail